What is involved? What can you expect?
We want to help you gain a better understanding how we work. If you seek more information, please contact us and we will be happy to explain.
Suggestions and considerations:
- Brainstorm ideas: Likes and dislikes.
- Make a list of negotiable and "nice" but not necessarily required.
- What styles do you like?
Traditional/contemporary or perhaps ultra modern?
- Think about how you want to use the space.
If its a kitchen, is there going to be only one cook in the house?
- Would you want to have a space to eat in? Would it be around a kitchen island or a breakfast nook?
- Would you want a little desk area?
- Would your kitchen be part of an entertainment area?
- Would you like an open room concept or keep it separate?
- How about a Pantry?
- Do you have particular environmental concerns? Write down your concerns and questions and those of every household member that will be using the kitchen or whatever the project is.
- What styles do you like?
- Search the Internet for images. Just type an idea into Google (such as "Open Concept Kitchen") and then click on the 'Images' option. Click on a thumbnail, right click the larger image and choose "Save Image As". Save it to your computer and email it to us.
- Visit our Idea Books on Houzz for inspiration.
- Take photos the next time you see a design you like.
- Collect photos from magazines.
The budget is an important aspect to every design/build project. We will work with you to build your dream home, while staying within your budget. Depending on your budget allowances, you may be required prioritize areas within the project build.
- For somewhat restricted budgets, think about what do you need the absolute most over what you want.
- Don't shy away from expressing your dreams because you never know till you ask what the possibilities are.
- Be flexible for some give and take and negotiation. You seldom can fit every idea you have into one space.
- Consider the added value to your home the project will provide.
- Are you doing this work simply to add resale value and you won't actually be living in this home for very long or are you doing this for your living comfort and function in the home for a considerable amount of time?
The initial meeting is one of a "get to know you" for both parties. Its a step by step process of us to get to know your likes, dislikes, style preferences, the essentials you need to compliment your lifestyle etc. Its also a time for you to learn what we can offer within the parameters of your budget. It possibly could take a couple of visits to talk everything through. As mentioned before, we have formatted several forms that get filled out during the discussions to keep everybody on point.
You'll quickly find we are a friendly bunch. Come over to our Manufacturing Plant and see where it all happens.
Our Consultant will take the details/ideas from the initial consultation and draw up a Floor Plan that is an overhead view of the room. No computerized design is done at this point. With the Floor Plan an approximate cost would be provided.
Quotes are only given in person. During the second consultation, the floor plan would be looked at and discussed. This would be a rough drafted plan. After this visit, you would have to make the decision whether or not you would like us to proceed any further. If your decision is to hire us, then the next step the consultant proceeds to do a computerized design with a detailed breakdown of costs and lobar. A small retainer is obtained by us. Then about a week prior to the beginning of actual manufacturing, a deposit is collected and a contract will be signed between you and CLATTCO Construction & Home Design Ltd.
After all the planning, all the sorting through ideas and pictures, figuring out options, working out a budget, researching, all those many decisions, it all comes down to that moment when you step into the room and say, "This is beautiful. This is exactly what I wanted. It was worth all the effort. Every bit!" Now you just need to enjoy the benefits of a job well done.